Important town in the Šluknov`s hook, which is surrounded on three sides by state frontier with Germany. There is also the border cross. The settlement was first mentioned in the year 1352. The village originated by integration of several villages in 19th century. It was with 15000 inhabitants the largest village in Austria-Ungary emire. In the year 1868 Varnsdorf became the town. Thank the boom of textile and enineering industrialization the town was called "Small Manchaster". The dominant of the town is hill Hrádek with former luxury sightseeing restaurant from the year 1904 on its top. Important building is for example the church of St. Peters and Paul on the town-square by the architect J. V. Kosch, built at the place of small church in the year 1774. In the centre of the town there is also the cathedral church of New Messiah from the year 1875.